16th Century Luxury With Modern Amenities
Villa Marcello is a very rare and surprisingly affordable villa rental in the heart of Italy's most famous villa district. With this rental, an independent wing of the villa, set on an enormous estate, the count opens his house for an historic stay inside Italy's most famous period of villa architecture, built at the time in the style of Italy's most famous villa architect: Antonio Palladio. Ca' Marcello is a Palladian style villa built in the second half of the 16th century by the same family that lives there today, Il Nobile Marcello. Villa Marcello has always been a private home, a place of glamour and elegance; a place of welcoming comfort bedded in history. Count Vettor Marcello and his family live here now, happily opening its doors to those who wish to appreciate it's refined splendor.
Perfect for a group of friends, a family gathering, wedding or to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries or other milestones. Villa Marcello is an amazing stay and surprising affordable for the level of luxury the Count delivers.
Perfect For Family & Friends
Inside the left arcaded wing of the villa there is your independent apartment, which has always served as a home for welcoming passing guests of the family. The apartment has 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. Furniture and objects belonging to the family since 16th century, which have been conserved over the times, period paintings, objets d'arts and new matching furnishing create a warm and welcoming ambience. The apartment was restored and partially refurnished in 2004, the walls have original marble plaster surface and most rooms have parquet floor and plaster decorated ceilings, while the bathrooms are furnished with hand painted Vietri tiles and high standard bath furniture.
Ground FloorIn the entry way, you find marble stairs that lead to the first floor.
First Floor - Sleeps 2On the left side of the landing there is a double bedroom with a queen bed and a bath en suite (tub/fixed shower head), private sitting room with sofa, writing-desk and wardrobe. The entire suite has exposed beam ceilings and windows overlook the porch of the villa's wing. On the right side of the landing, you enter a hallway that leads to the dining room (with a table for up to 8 people) and a well-equipped kitchen (oven, microwave, refrigerator/freezer, dishwasher and toaster). Both the dining room and the hallway lead into the large living room, which has six windows on three sides and is furnished with a big sofa, two easy-chairs, four arm-chairs and a chaise lounger. This room is equipped with an open bar of spirits and liqueurs, TV, stereo CD and DVD player. Returning again to the landing, wooden stairs lead to the upper floor.
Second Floor - Sleeps 6At the end of the hallway along the wooden hand made balcony, three doors lead to the other bedrooms. The first is a double bedroom with a queen bed, writing-desk, three chairs and two chests of drawers. Passing the walk-through closet supplied with fitted cupboard, there is the en suite bathroom (tub/fixed shower head). The second door leads to a double bedroom with queen bed, chest of drawers, wardrobe and easy-chair. The third door leads to a sitting room with satellite TV and CD player, sofa and writing desk that leads to the last bedroom, a large room with twin beds, easy-chair, three chairs, wardrobe and two chests of drawers. These two bedrooms share a bathroom (tub/fixed shower head) which is reached through the sitting room. All the windows on the upper floor overlook the main Italian style garden and the villa's facade.
The enormous 16th century complex in Palladian style is structured with a central main building which is flanked on both sides by arcaded wings (one of which is Villa Marcello - your next wonderful stay in Veneto) which frame an Italian Garden with a fountain, Greek mythical statues, flower beds and vast manicured lawns that total over 70.000 square meters. Other areas consist of woods with century old trees and numerous statues depicting realistic and fairy-like figures. Close to the main building, in a vegetable garden separated from the main park and reserved for the guests. There is a swimming pool (9 x 6 m, 1,60 m deep, open May 1st through October 1st) surrounded by oleanders, roses and hydrangeas. A dressing room with pool towels (changed twice a week), extra chairs and a small refrigerator is accessible from the private garden. The garden is complimented by a patio for al fresco dining with a table, ten chairs, six deck-chairs and a grill. Other amenities are a soccer field (inside the park) and three mountain bikes, back as well. There is an ample parking by the apartment entrance.
- Privacy and an estate property with back, steams and gardens
- Stunning views and fully equipped kitchen
- 2 satellite TVs, DVD and CD player
- Pool, gazebo, sun chairs, garden furniture, al fresco
- Internet/ dsl and Wifi
- AC and central heating throughout the house
- Housekeeping towels & linens included and changed twice a week
- Wine cellar, laundry room with both washing machine and dryer
- A cook is available at additional charge for your group
- Organic products from your own garden and local wines
- Hair dryers in all bathrooms, crib and fireplace
- Reservation service (for restaurants, theaters, museums, excursions, etc.) are provided by the owner and are included in the rental price.
Low Season €2690 (€390 per night minimum of 2 nights)
Mid March - Mid May, October €3355 (€490 per night minimum of 2 nights)
Mid May - September’s End €4025
- Security deposit €300 per week (prorated for shorter stays)
- €.50 per person per night tourist tax due on arrival
- AC additional
- Heating (mandatory 1 Oct – 30 Apr) € 20 per day
- Final cleaning (weekly stays) € 140
Weeks are Saturday - Saturday. We will confirm the rate upon correspondence.
And A La Carte
- Portable car navigator€ 10/day or € 40/week
- Laptop PC € 60 / week
- Lunch/dinner cooked by chef € 30 / person
- Extra maid service € 15 / hour
- Extra bed € 10 / day
- Baby bed / crib / high chair € 5 / day
- Laundry service € 15 / 4 kg € 50 / 4 kg + ironing
- Baby-sitting € 100 full day € 60 half day
- Telephone, fax machine provided by request and metered
- Personal shopper service
- Tours with guides and lecturers Transfer service from/to airports, train stations, other destinations.
- Additional costs laundry and ironing service, extra maid service, daily breakfast, lunch and dinner service with personal chef, baby sitting are available for an additional cost. Own wine selection is on sale by the property.
Included: housekeeping, maid service, linen and bath towel change are provided twice a week, extra beds and a baby bed are available if needed and reservation service (for restaurants, theatres, museums, excursions, etc.) provided by the owner.
From €384 Per Night For 8 People
Al Fresco Dining
Night Time At The Villa